Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plug it in, Plug it in!

No, I'm not talking about the air freshener jingle, I'm talking about the new cars that run on battery power! For just $1.50 a day (less than the cost of gas that last fro only about 2 to 3 days) you can plug in your car! The car does not fully run on battery power it does still need gas, but it uses less gas then the regular car does! This mean less pollution and a greener earth! As stated on the chevrolet website (http://www.chevrolet.com/volt/) its a small, quiet on-board gas generator creates electricity that powers your Volt as you drive for hundreds of miles on battery and gas power. As said on the commercials '...only needs about a buck 50 worth of power each day and for longer car rides it can use gas.' You can check out the commercial below.



What do you think the commercial was trying to tell you? Do you think if we keep trying we can make a total green car ran on battery life and urine? (read 'urine the fuel of the future' below) If the car is using all this energy to charge is that really benificial to the environment? I want to hear from YOU post your comments, answeres, and questions below and I will get back to you as soon as possible! Untill then, STAY GREEN!

~*KRISTINA*~


Chevy Volt Commercial

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo interesting. This is a great start to a greener environment. It is so convenient to be able to plug in your car! I think that if this car becomes popular, they will make an effort to create an affordable car that runs on all battery! Then we could preserve gas, limiting polution! So excited to see what we'll see in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But my only issue is, Do you REALLY know how much $1.50 worth of energy is? And what is poweing to create that engergy?

    ~*KRISTINA*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never even knew that there was a car that you could plug in! That is so cool. I want one because it would be a win win. I would get a cool car and the Earth would not get polluted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! This is an amazing break through! But again, my only concern is the energy that it would take to charge this car. Also, the charge will only run fro short trips. If you go on vacation from New York to Maine you will need gas to power your vehicle. But I do beleive this is a step for the greener and the better!

    ReplyDelete